Rhythmic Movement Training (RMTi) Workshops
Heidi teaches the Rhythmic Movement Training International (RMTi) 1 & 2 classes to help therapists, teachers, parents and other helpers to understand about the importance of integrating primitive reflexes and the importance in helping to mature the nervous system. For more information about RMTi please see: https://rhythmicmovement.org/
The following is included in the training:
RMTi Level One (2 Days) Focus, Organization & Comprehension
Learning Outcomes: How rhythmic movements assist in integrating reflexes; Why this is important; and what to do to stimulate brain connections for increased impulse control, attention, balance, coordination, stamina and learning. Some of the topics include:
- How RMT builds neuro-sensory-motor foundations for focus & higher level learning
- Basics in brain development for learning, attention and comprehension
- Ways to identify developmental imbalances
- Information on a selection of reflexes involved in laying the foundations for focus and comprehension – Tonic Labyrinthine (TLR); Landau; Asymmetrical Tonic Neck Reflex (ATNR); Symmetrical Tonic Neck Reflex (STNR); Spinal Galant; Amphibian; Infant Palmar and Babinski reflexes
- Methods for integrating primitive reflexes
- The 17 foundational RMT passive and active movements, isometric pressure and other movements
RMTi Level Two (1 Day) Emotions, Memory & Behaviour
Learning Outcomes: Learn effective RMT techniques for integrating developmental reflexes that are crucially important for sensory integration as well as social and emotional maturity. Some topics include:
- Methods for integrating Fear Paralysis Reflex (FPR), Moro Reflex & Babkin Reflex
- Attack and defense behavior and the Tendon Guard Reflex (TGR)
- How to release muscle tension & emotional upset
- Movements to release anxiety & stored emotional & physical tension
- Ways to support people with SPD & ASD
- Precautions & possible reactions/& contraindications
Who can benefit from taking the courses?
This training is ideal for occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech and language pathologists, parents, social workers, family and mental health therapists, developmental optometrists and vision therapists, yoga therapists, classroom teachers, special educators, nursery and pre-school teachers, school counsellors, Healthcare providers, massage therapists, trauma specialists & caregivers, kinesiologists, Alexander practitioners, Feldenkrais practitioners, yoga teachers, Brain Gym instructors, neuro-developmental practitioners, osteopaths and Chiropractors.
*Please note that in-person classes are currently on hold due to the Covid19 Pandemic.
What People are Saying about RMT:
“The changes in my son were immediate and profound. After the very first RMT session of approximately 2 minutes of RMT my son slept soundly through the night with no cry-outs and woke up easily and happily for the very first time! I am proud to have been able to give my son some simple and fun tools (which are easily implemented into a busy daily routine) to be able to face his future with confidence and joy.”
"Our daughter had long standing emotional, social, sensory and attention challenges. The Rhythmic Movement Training helped immensely with these issues. She is much happier and healthier and we are so grateful to see her blossoming."
"RMT absolutely ROCKED our lives as we found huge growth for my son, when nothing else seemed to help!"